From small start-ups to some of the region's largest firms, the Hull Daily Mail Business Awards celebrate the achievements of the area's best companies.
Following nomination back in August, the judges have chosen Pure Renewables as a finalist in the Green Award Category. According to the organisers, the award sponsored by renewables giant Siemens, is designed to recognise outstanding performance in environmental awareness, green energy or sustainable activity. The winner of the award and will be the company that has best met the following criteria:
• Embraced environmental policies across their business, with an outlook that reflects a well-considered green approach.
• Successfully developed, sold or created "green" products or services.
• A workforce or teams that fully embrace environmental awareness and actions.
• Demonstrated, by their actions, environmental leadership in their business sector or geographic locality. • Made improvements in energy-efficiency, carbon reduction or sustainable working.
• Implemented projects that have minimised the local or national environmental impact of the company's operations.
On discovering that Pure Renewables had made it through to the finals, Managing Director Chris Whitelock said: “It’s a great honour to be short-listed to one of just two finalists. We look forward to the awards evening in November and wish all the best for our fellow finalist, Bio-D.”
All the winners for the 16 different categories will be announced at the ceremony which is to be held on the 17th November.